Digitarium® Delta 3 Digital Planetarium System
Our most affordable system!
The Digitarium Delta 3 is our entry level planetarium system, designed to be easy to transport, set up, and teach with. It projects high contrast 1080 pixel diameter imagery over a full dome with no blind spots or cut-outs. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with our own innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Delta 3 offers not just a compact size but quick set up, intuitive user interfaces, high resolution, excellent projection quality, and wealth of other features. Digitalis sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Approximately 24 feet/7 meters.
Brightness is the main issue, since the larger the dome, the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
||1080 pixels across a diameter
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||4000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens
(Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties. Please see any of our other models if you need a brighter system.)
|Nominal Contrast Ratio
||Up to 50,000:1 (per projector specifications, without fisheye lens)
||Up to 3000 hours.
||Stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
|Nightshade NG Basic
||Free upgrade once released. Nightshade NG Basic will be limited to flight within our solar system.|
||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 650W|
||FCC Class B, CE class B, RoHS compliant|
The rugged transit case has built in wheels and an extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
US system price: $16,900
- $3,500 Universal Console for elegant system control from multiple computing devices.
- $5,000 ($9,000 in 2017) Nightshade NG Professional upgrade (once released). Adds the ability to fly outside our solar system.
- Priority Support extended support options.
Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Delta 3 planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Wheeled transit case
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only)
- DLP projector remote control
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 1000 GB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and a number of fulldome video shows:
- Citizen Sky - Epsilon Aurigae - binary systems
- Cosmic Castaways - explore galaxies and their stars
- Back to the Moon for Good - Google Lunar XPRIZE competitors try to land a spacecraft on the Moon
- Dark - dark matter and cosmology
- Flight Adventures - the science of flight (free for US customers only)
- FLIGHT TO THE MOON: LRO and LCROSS Revisited
- IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System
- Journey to the Centre of the Milky Way
- Losing the Dark - light pollution
- New Horizons for a Little Planet - Pluto and the New Horizons mission
- Solar Quest - how the Sun and the Earth are interconnected
- Sunstruck - the Sun's influence on the Earth
- Two Small Pieces of Glass - history of the telescope
- Various short fulldome animations
(Show licensing agreements must be signed and returned before system ships to receive hard drive.)
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from BenQ.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.
- General Digitarium overview including distinctive benefits, features and general specifications of Digitarium systems.
- Dome Shots give you an idea of what can be projected.
- Feature Comparison to other
portable planetarium projectors.
- Comments from Educators
- Where to place this system in a fixed dome.