Digitarium® Kappa Portable Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Kappa Portable model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in portable domes.
This model is designed for those who want the highest resolution and best projection quality in a portable Digitarium system. The Kappa's high resolution is invaluable if you show fulldome video shows, immersive environments, or scientific visualizations. Starfields will also look better, especially with the high contrast and our high quality proprietary lens.The Kappa includes our high-resolution data sets of the Earth and solar system for spectacular planetary exploration with incredible detail.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Around 52 feet/16m. Brightness
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Field of view
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||7650 lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties.)|
||Nominal projector contrast is up to 8,000:1.|
||Up to 2000 hours on high
The projector has two lamps which can be used one at a time, or both together for the brightest projection.
|User Interfaces Included
||2000 GB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
||100-240 VAC, 10.4 A, 50-60Hz|
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant), UL or CSA listed components|
System: 20 x 16.75 x 25 inches for storage (51 x 42.5 x 64 cm),
20 x 16.75 x 35 inches in use (51 x 42.5 x 89 cm)
Transit case: 39 x 25 x 22 inches (99 x 64 x 56 cm)
System: 73 lbs. (33.2 kg)
Transit case: 47.6 lbs. (21.6 kg)
Total: 120.6 lbs. (54.8 kg)
The transit case has built in wheels and extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
(Outside the US contact a local dealer for pricing.)
Please use our purchase page for ordering instructions.Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Kappa Portable planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare).
- Solar System and Whole Earth high-resolution data sets.
- Universal Console software license for interactive control of your system from an iPad or other compatible device.
- Rugged wheeled transit case.
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Barco.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.
- Visualization & Simulation Bright Color Wheel option. In domes smaller than approximately 38 feet/12m in diameter, increase your color saturation. Projector lumen rating is reduced to 4000.
- Priority Support extended support options.