Digitarium® Zeta Fixed Digital Planetarium System
Supplies of the Zeta system are limited. Contact us now to secure your order!
The Digitarium® Zeta Fixed model is a digital planetarium system designed for permanent installation in fixed domes up to 40 feet/12 meters in diameter.
This model is a good fit for those who want an affordable high resolution fixed system but can do without the special fixed dome features of our Digitarium Epsilon Fixed or Digitarium Kappa Fixed models. The Zeta can block more audience sight lines due to its larger projection angle, it is limited to smaller domes, and it is not compatible with our Elevator Mount System for situations where you need to raise and lower your projector.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||Approximately 40 feet/12 meters. Brightness
is the main
issue, since the larger the dome,
the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Field of View
||180 degrees, full sky.
|Pixels per Degree of Sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||4000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens (Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties. Please contact us if you may be interested in a brighter system.)
||Nominal projector contrast ratio is 2,000:1.|
||2000 hours on high lamp setting.|
|User Interfaces Included
||2000 GB expandable up to 8 TB or more.|
North America: 120VAC, 50/60Hz, 615 Watts
Elsewhere: 220-240VAC, 50/60Hz, Ask
||FCC Class A, CE class A (RoHS compliant)|
||Direct power off (fan properly cools down lamp even if the power is cut off), sealed optical block, shutter, LAN control and reporting|
System: 18.0 x 13.5 x 33.8 inches (45.7 x 34.3 x 85.7 cm)
||System: 86 lbs. (39.1 kg)|
(Outside the US contact a local dealer for pricing.)
Purchasing InformationPurchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Zeta Fixed planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare)
- Universal Console software license.
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 1000 GB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and a number of fulldome video shows:
- Citizen Sky - Epsilon Aurigae - binary systems
- Cosmic Castaways - explore galaxies and their stars
- Back to the Moon for Good - Google Lunar XPRIZE competitors try to land a spacecraft on the Moon
- Dark - dark matter and cosmology
- Flight Adventures - the science of flight (free for US customers only)
- FLIGHT TO THE MOON: LRO and LCROSS Revisited
- IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System
- Journey to the Centre of the Milky Way
- Losing the Dark - light pollution
- New Horizons for a Little Planet - Pluto and the New Horizons mission
- Solar Quest - how the Sun and the Earth are interconnected
- Sunstruck - the Sun's influence on the Earth
- Two Small Pieces of Glass - history of the telescope
- Various short fulldome animations
(Show licensing agreements must be signed and returned before system ships to receive hard drive.)
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Panasonic.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Free membership in our Digitarium users community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: System installation is simple enough that you can perform this yourself. Alternately, system installation services can be purchased through Digitalis. Please use our purchase page for information on how to order.
Updated Apr 17 2017