Digitarium OP2B Updates
Software update information for the Digitarium OP2B operating platform.
Note: OP2B replaced OP2 on April 3, 2012.
This free upgrade brought OP2 systems up to parity with all more recent Digitarium operating
platforms, other than hardware dependent features.
|Release Date||Update Details||Approximate Size|
|April 3, 2014
- Added support for galactic coordinate system spherical images.
|March 4, 2014
- Support for geocentric spherical images, useful for celestial navigation lessons.
- Correction for Haumea moons location.
- Updated Polish and Japanese translations.
|February 3, 2014
- Higher resolution Mercury imagery
- Updated named moons of Pluto
- M1 distance correction
- Updated orbital parameters for Makemake and Haumea. Added more moons of the dwarf planets.
- Updated Great Red Spot location on Jupiter
- Completed Hevelius sky culture
- Added a Reset Factory Defaults item to the configuration menu.
- Updated Korean and Spanish translations.
|November 14, 2012
- Hide cursor when play video from a script
- Do not draw cursor when leave TUI
|April 3, 2012
Changes from OP2:
- Streamlined update to be up to 75% faster and provide more feedback during the process
- Added more built in scripts
- Added galactic coordinate grid
- Added comet magnitude simulation
- Added "wait until" script feature
- Smoother orbit positions at slow time rates
- Extended star catalog to 11.5 million stars (Nomad catalog).
- Added support for MPEG-4 video
- Extended simulation time to years +/- 1,000,000.
- Added star proper motion.
- Revamped nebula images and data and added distance information.
- Improved light pollution adjustment control (naked eye limiting magnitude).
- User loaded Milky Way textures are now used at full intensity by default.
- Added more solar system bodies.
- Added support for large MPEG-2 video file resolutions.
- Command "set milky_way_texture" finalized for scripting spherical images
- Circumpolar circle command
- Smoother orbit visualizations
- Improved Milky Way texture
- Precession circle color is now configurable
- Added TUI item to adjust flight duration between bodies
- Flight between bodies is now the default
- Improved Theora video codec support.
- Added clouds, night lights, and ring and moon shadows (for supporting hardware) for more realistic planet rendering.
- Extended image format support
- Better support for negative Julian dates
- Inca sky culture (constellations without stars)
- Earth precession circle
- Tropic lines on Earth and other planets
- More fluid body motions
- New mountain landscape
- Correct printing of right-to-left and cursive languages such as Arabic
- More language translations
- Added Aztec sky culture with art by Enrique Gómez Candelario
- New line width and line antialiasing options
- Smaller daytime Sun halo with atmosphere on
- Body orbits fade as body enters/leaves view
- New "sky_culture" StratoScript command to load custom sky cultures from a script
- New "nebula" StratoScript command to supplement or replace built in nebulae images using a script
- Performance enhancements.
- Updated ephemeris algorithms.
- Added Hindu sky culture, courtesy of Vikas Nautiyal.
- Constellation boundaries are now defined per culture.
- Text menu provides feedback when an action is performed.
- Improved azimuthal grid labels.
- Added support for partial sphere and cylindrical landscapes.
- Added rotation parameter for spherical and fisheye landscapes.
- Added support for day/night landscape images, such as for cityscapes.
- Added support for mipmapped landscapes.
- Replaced forest landscape.
- Added new beach landscape.
- Enables output on a variety of video ports for easier use with a monitor.
- Updated translations.
- Various bug fixes.