Digitarium® Theta+ Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Theta+ model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in portable or fixed domes.
The new Digitarium Theta+ is our highest resolution portable planetarium system, designed to be easy to transport, set up, and teach with. It projects high contrast 2160 pixel diameter imagery over a full dome with no blind spots or cut-outs. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with our own innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Theta+ uses a laser-phosphor projector with an incredible expected lifetime of 20,000 hours.
The Digitarium Theta+ also offers quick set up, intuitive user interfaces, excellent projection quality, and a wealth of other features. Digitalis sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
Choose from a lower cost Basic option or much more powerful Professional software package. See specifications below for details.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||8m / 26 ft|
|Field of view
||180 degrees (full sky)
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||Nominal: up to 300,000:1|
||Laser-phosphor. 20,000 on high brightness.
|User Interfaces Included
|Software||Nightshade NG Basic (more limited features)||Nightshade NG Professional
||Stereo with integral speakers; stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
FCC Class B, CE, RoHS compliant.
Class 1 laser product.
System: 20.5 x 21.0 x 11.5 inches (52.1 x 53.3 x 29.2 cm)
Transit case: 34.0 x 29.0 x 17.0 inches (86.4 x 73.7 x 43.2 cm)
System: 42 lbs. (19.1 kg)
Transit case: 39 lbs. (17.7 kg)
Total: 81 lbs. (36.8 kg)
The transit case has built in wheels and extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
||Basic: $30,025||Professional: $44,665|
Please use our purchase page for ordering instructions.Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Theta+ Portable planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare).
- Rugged wheeled transit case.
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Optoma.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Complete system rescue disk on solid state drive in case of emergency.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Exclusive Digitalis Child-Safe LED Light Pointer.
- Exclusive Digitarium red lighted pen for writing in the dark.
- Free membership in our Digitarium user community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.